Is it a Cold or the Flu?
It’s that time of year again – flu season. Both colds and the flu are viral illness that may have overlapping symptoms, but there are some key differences:
- Symptoms that build over 48 hours
- Runny nose, watery eyes
- Stuffy nose and congestion
- Sneezing and coughing
- Symptoms may last 3-10 days
- Fast onset of symptoms (especially fever and chills)
- Fever and chills
- Body aches and pains
- Weakness and fatigue
- Symptoms may last 7-14 days and may linger for up to 3 weeks
Cold or Flu? Take this quiz to find out: https://symptoms.webmd.com/cold-flu-map/rm-quiz-difference-cold-flu
At Kentuckiana Ear, Nose and Throat, we want you to be in the know.